Avocado Parmesan Grits
This recipes takes traditional grits to the next level by adding creamy avocado. This dish a definite crowd pleaser. 1 of 5 recipes from my Avocado Week recipe round up. Check out more delicious avocado recipes below.
Avocado week has been eventful to say the least, from vinaigrettes to grits, from milkshakes to curries; we went all the way in. But I may have been a bit too over-stocked because I am still up to my eyeballs in avocados, literally and figuratively.
I spent the week playing my test kitchen trying avocados all kinds of recipes from shakes to vinaigrettes. It’s been like heaven. But I must share with you my new favorite preparation for grits: Avocado Parmesan Grits.
I love grits savory and sweet but I must say that avocado goes so well adding extra creaminess to eat bite. I also managed to blend in some fresh herbs with salt and cracked black pepper a simple yet surprising satisfying preparation.
I made this dish while also wearing this nifty Avocado Soothing Mask that I found on SheKnows.com. <<<
But I digress, the important point is that if you call yourself an “avocado lover” then you need to try this recipe for Avocado Parmesan Grits. Check out the recipe as well as some of the other avocado recipes I hit a home-run with this week (down below).
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 medium ripe avocado divided in half
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 2 sprigs of fresh tarragon
- 2 sprigs green onion
- In a food processor combine milk, ½ the avocado, rosemary, tarragon and green onion. Blend until the avocado is smooth and the herbs are finely minced. Set to the side.
- In a large sauce pan, bring broth to a boil. Slowly but constantly whisking, stir in the grits. Reduce heat, and whisk the avocado/milk mixture to the grits. Let it simmer for about ten minutes. Add parmesan, salt and pepper and stir until the cheese has visibly melted. When plating, slice the remaining half of the avocado over the grits with black pepper and serve warm.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate.
**The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products I use and love. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.