Studded with fresh blueberries and bursting with lemon flavor these pancakes are perfect for low carb (LCHF) breakfast. These fluffy blueberry lemon pancakes are astonishingly keto-compliant without that annoying eggy texture. These are far and away the best keto pancakes I have ever made.
It finally happened, my carb cravings returned. I was doing well until all the sudden it hit me like a slap in the face. And subsequently, I was feverishly looking on the internet for keto friendly variations of my favorite carb heavy recipes.
One thing to know about me is I no longer eat shellfish or pork which means I don’t get off on traditional bacon binge that most love on the ketogenic diet, although I will say I have grown to love beef bacon variations. Nonetheless, I tend to get bored on meat-heavy diets so finding suitable variations for traditional recipes outside of just veggies is really important to me. And I am willing to try every recipe until I find the right one. Kind of like this amazing pancake recipe.
I’ve tried 4-5 different keto friendly bread-like recipes and have been severely disappointed because they all taste like an egg soufflé – pancakes included. So when I across the source recipe for these pancakes on the wholesumyum.com website I was skeptical, to say the least. But I didn’t I tried them anyhow and added a healthy addition of fresh blueberries and lemon juice/zest. The outcome? FREAKING AMAZING.
These blueberry lemon pancakes are deliciously fluffy and flavorful and even easy to make with the right ingredients. You may be wondering what I’m pouring on these bad boys? I ventured to try some keto-friendly maple syrup but I must admit, I haven’t hacked that code yet so I have no brand recommendations at this time. I know the pour action looks good but unfortunately, it looks better than it tastes. What I can recommend is the addition of my keto-adapted homemade whipped cream which is the perfect addition to lather between this tasty blueberry stack.
Listen and listen well, carb cravings are unavoidable! Believe me when I tell you, with recipes like this you can totally take keto by the horns. And even if you aren’t practicing keto I recommend you try this pancake recipe as a healthy alternative. My husband who isn’t keto at all, but is often a victim of my culinary experiments, even agrees that these pancakes are legit and he doesn’t bite his tongue when it comes to food reviews. So, take our word and give this one a try and tag me to let me know what you think.
- 1 cup blanched almond flour finely ground recommended
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup Monk fruit sweetener or erythritol
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons almond milk unsweetened
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup avocado oil or any neutral tasting oil that is liquid at room temperature
- 4 oz. approximately 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup ghee
- 1/2 cup heavy cream chilled
- 4 teaspoons monk fruit sweetener
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
To Serve [optional]:
- ketogenic maple syrup
- 4 sprigs of fresh mint
- In a bowl mix all dry ingredients together, in a separate bowl mix all wet ingredients together minus blueberries and ghee. Mix the wet into the dry until smooth and fold in blueberries, let sit for 5 minutes.
- While the batter is sitting, in a bowl add all ingredients for whipped cream and using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whip until stiff peaks form about 3-4 minutes. Cover tightly and place in fridge until pancakes are finished.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-low heat with 1 tablespoon of ghee. Drop batter in hot skillet and form into a circle. Cover with top and cook for 2 minutes on each site. Repeat process with the rest of batter until finished.
- To serve 2 pancakes with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprig of mint – ketogenic syrup optional.
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products we use and love. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.