Cast Iron Brown Sugar Baked BeansMy roots are from Kansas City, I know a few things about barbeque sides and these beans are perfect solo but amazing with some barbeque!
- 6 strips of crispy bacon browned
- 4 cans pork and beans
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 jalapeno diced
- ½ large bell pepper diced
- ½ tablespoon garlic minced
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons of ketchup
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional: green onion chopped
- Preheat oven 325 degrees.
- On medium high heat fry bacon in cast iron skillet on stovetop until browned. Remove bacon from the skillet and place on paper towel to soak up excess grease. Reserve the bacon grease in the pan for the remaining cooking.
- On medium heat and add onions, garlic, bell pepper and jalapeno. Sauté for 5 minutes then stir in all the remaining ingredients and bring to a light boil for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from heat and taste. Add salt and pepper to your liking.
- Place cast iron skillet in middle oven rack for 90 minutes and stir every 20-30 minutes. Increase temperature to 425 degrees and bake for additional 10 minutes. Server warm and add chopped green onion (optional).
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate.
**The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products I use and love. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.