Detox Glow Bowl! This fuss-free bowl is brimming with good-for-you ingredients like darling clementines, quinoa, fresh greens, sweet potato, and many healthy fats. The clementine-miso vinaigrette adds that extra kick of flavor that is so inviting, you just might lick the bowl.
THIS RECIPE IS SPONSORED BY DARLING CITRUS
When you see this blog post, you might be saying, Two healthy recipes in one week? Meiko, you’ve changed.
But that couldn’t be further from the truth. I’m a firm believer in balance, and while I love smothered, buttered, and fried anything, balanced meals and conscious eating packed with whole foods consume 80% of my regular diet. This way, I can freely and guiltlessly eat a slice of peach cobbler when it’s made just right.
While we know our bodies are pretty good at detoxing themselves, sometimes you need a meal or two to give yourself a reset. I don’t know about you, but delicious and easy, fuss-free dinners like this Detox Bowl with Clementine Miso Vinaigrette enhance the incentive for eating healthy.
What is a Detox Glow Bowl?
Detox bowl, buddha bowl, power bowl are synonyms to describe deep-rimmed dishes overflowing with vibrant food. These bowls consist of a balance of nutrient-dense ingredients – healthy protein, vegetables, and healthy fat – that aid digestion, eliminate toxins, and boost immunity.
While detox bowls aren’t exclusively vegetarian, this particular meatless detox bowl is balanced with fresh clementines, quinoa, avocado, sweet potatoes, golden raisins, arugula, and a clementine miso vinaigrette that is soooooo good; it needs to be bottled and sold.
What are Clementines?
Clementines are a type of citrus fruit. They are deep orange, sweet, juicy, and easy to peel, making them popular choices for portable snacks.
Bursting with sweetness, Darling Clementines are the star of this dish, as juicy slices through the bowl and an essential flavor builder in the vinaigrette.
Detox Glow Bowl Ingredients
These nutrient-packed ingredients are why this detox bowl works.
- Darling Clementines – aid in digestion, cleanses the liver, and are good for glowing skin
- Quinoa – protein-dense, high in fiber, and gluten-free
- Sweet Potato – great source of fiber and antioxidants
- Avocado – plant-based fat, antioxidant-rich, and aid in gut health
- Pumpkin seeds – anti-inflammatory and high levels of essential vitamins and minerals
- Chia Seeds – high in fiber and loaded with antioxidants
- Golden Raisins – energy inducing and rich in fiber
As you can see, this detoxing glow bowl is packed with healthy, nourishing ingredients to keep your body thriving. It is a simple, quick recipe that will definitely be on repeat at your house and is perfect for adding to your regimen as you balance your diet.
If you make this easy Detox Glow Bowl with Clementine Miso Vinaigrette recipe, we’d love for you to leave a comment and rating below! We also love to see your creations on Instagram – tag us at @meikoandthedish so we can see what you’ve been cooking.
Detox Glow Bowl
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 Darling Clementines peeled & sliced
- 1 avocado sliced
- 3 cups arugula
- ⅓ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
Clementine Miso Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup avocado oil or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh clementine juice
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or agave
- 1/2 tablespoon reduced-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic grated or minced
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger
- Prepare Sweet Potatoes: Preheat oven 450 degrees. Toss cubed sweet potatoes, oil, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Add sweet potatoes to a rimmed baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Prepare quinoa has package instructs
- Prepare Vinaigrette: Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add all of your ingredients in sections to a deep-rimmed bowl and drizzle with vinaigrette.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate.
**The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products I use and love. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.