Easy Peppermint EggnogHow many of you know that the ingredients used to make ice cream are the same ingredients used to make eggnog???
MIND BLOWN RIGHT?Y’all know I am here for a good shortcut and I couldn’t let the season go by without hooking #TeamGreedy up with good one. That being said, all of us have a carton of ice cream in the fridge which means we have access eggnog in just minutes. WE CAN NOW remove one item from that extensive grocery list and maybe get out of those holiday grocery lines a little bit quicker. So no more separating eggs and whisking into a custard for me (“from scratch” eggnoggers will know what I’m talking about). And seriously, how many times have you purchased a bottle of eggnog only to see it still sitting there long after the holidays have come and gone? [HAND RAISED HIGH] At least this way you can make it self serve by the glass with no waste. Instead, we should all be using this holiday shortcut using French vanilla for homemade spiked eggnog which only uses 4 ingredients and is done in 4 minutes.
Easy Peppermint Eggnog
- 3 peppermint candied canes finely crushed
- 2 cups ice cream melted
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- Wet the rim of 2 short glass cups and roll the rim of the cups in the crushed peppermint to line them with the candy.
- Put ice cream in a microwave safe bowl or mug and heat in microwave for up to 2 minutes or until you reach a liquid consistency.
- Stir in nutmeg and peppermint extract well. Heat for 1-2 minutes more in the microwave and serve warm in the peppermint rimmed glasses.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate.
**The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products I use and love. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.