Garlic & Sea Salt Carrot Fries are a great snack or side to an entrée. Tossed in olive oil, chopped garlic & carrot tops, sea salt, cayenne, and cinnamon. Your tastebuds are in for a treat, minus the guilt you sometimes feel when eating traditional fries.
How to cut carrots into batons?
First, wash the carrots and peel if necessary. Then using your knife cut off the top and bottom of the carrot. Cut the carrot into about 2-3 inch long pieces. Next, you’ll want to cut around the carrot on four sides, leaving a rectangle shape. Discard the cut-off sides. Lay the rectangle on one side, cut a slice to the thickness you prefer, and finally cut that piece in half longways. Continue with all pieces.
How to make carrot fries crispy?
Nothing beats a nice crispy fry on the outside and soft on the inside. In this recipe, you’ll want to roast the carrots at 425° on the top shelf. This will help with crisping.
Can Garlic & Sea Salt Carrot Fries be cooked in an air fryer?
Yes, Garlic and Sea Salt carrot fries can definitely be made in the air fryer. Make sure to follow your air fryer instructions but leave the fries in long enough to reach the level of crispiness we’re going for.
What’s the best way to reheat carrot fries?
To reheat carrot fries, you’ll want to re-roast them in the oven for a few minutes, flip and roast a little longer.
More Amazing Vegetable Recipes
- Crispy Brussels Sprouts with Blackberry Reduction
- Rodney Scott’s Grilled Vegetable Salad Recipe
- Vegan Candied Brussels Sprouts
- Moroccan-Spiced Carrot & Radish Salad
- 1 bushel small carrots peeled & cut into batons (8-10 carrots)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cut off rough carrot ends and peel. Reserve 1 tablespoon of finely chopped carrot leaf tops.
- Mix chopped carrot tops with chopped garlic. Split portion in half.
- On a large baking sheet, toss carrot sticks with olive oil, half of the chopped garlic and carrot tops, sea salt, cayenne and cinnamon.
- Arrange carrot sticks in a single layer, rounded side down first. Roast carrots on the top shelf of the oven for 5 minutes. Then flip over to the flat side down and roast for another 5 minutes.
- Remove carrots from oven and toss remaining chopped garlic and carrot tops over the top. Season with additional sea salt if needed. Serve warm.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate.
**The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products I use and love. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.