Grilled Peaches with Salted Caramel and Toffee Crumble
Grilled succulent peaches with juiciness oozing from their pores. Topped crunchy toffee candy crumble and drizzled with only the best sauce in the world, salted caramel. I AM SOOOOOO HERE FOR THIS!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [How I feel right now]
You all are going to have to excuse my over zealous use of exclamation marks during this post but I am super juiced that summer is officially here. This is my season. I grew up in San Diego where it is pretty much summer year round so this is the weather that I know and love. Bring on the sun; bring on the heat!
And of course, with the heat the grill comes out. I love a good reason to spark up the grill. There is nothing better than a smoky char on a vegetable or a nice slab of meat. And when it comes to grilling, I am an equal opportunity employer. I even share the grill love on my fruits, hence the subject matter of this post, my GRILLED PEACHES.
And you already know, these are not yo grandmama’s peaches. But I can assure you these are ME-MA approved. These fully decked out sweet treats are reminiscent of her good ole peach cobbler but way, way easier and way, way faster. Yep that’s my kind of dessert!!!!
Now most would just stop after grilling the peaches because the peaches alone are enough. But yall know I’m greedy so that just wouldn’t work for me. In true Me-Ma fashion I pulled a handful of Werther’s originals hard candies (you know grandma keeps a good hard candy in her purse at all times) and used them to make a crunchy crumble topping.
The ultimate woo-sah comes in with this homemade salted caramel. In all transparency I had to make this sauce a couple of times because timing and temperature are crucial in achieving the right consistency. I also tried using regular milk the first time since my heavy cream was expired but that was a NO NO. The fat weight of regular milk alone just isn’t enough to achieve the consistency needed for a caramel. Instead, I just ended up with sugary milk. But once I got it right … oooh it was sooo right.
Finally you can’t do a peach dessert without having an option for vanilla ice cream. It would just be wrong. Plus, the addition of creamy ice-cold vanilla ice cream against the charred warm peaches is just divine. This is a dessert that should be made over and over again this summer. And if you did, no one would judge you … not even Me-Ma!
- GRILLED PEACHES
- 4 peaches cut in halves
- vanilla ice-cream
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tablespoons salted butter
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 8 werther’s originals hard candies grounded
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- TOFFEE CRUMBLE
- In a food processor intermittedly pulse the werther’s originals until they reach a fine gravel-like texture.
- Into a medium bowl add in the ground werther’s, flour, sugar and salt and whisk together. Cut the butter into a few large pieces and toss these in the dry ingredients. With your hands, work butter into the mixture until large, moist clumps form. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- SALTED CARAMEL
- In a saucepan on medium high heat, add in sugar and whisk. The sugar will begin to form clumps and then turn golden and melt. Keep a close eye on the sugar as it can easily burn.
- Once the sugar is completely melted and temperature reaches 350 degrees F immediately add in the butter. The butter will cause the sugar to bubble up but don’t be alarmed. Continue to which in the butter until it is completely melted into the sugar.
- Slowly whisk in the heavy cream. This will cause the mixture to bubble up again. Resume with a slow whisk until you achieve a smooth caramel. Allow the sauce to continue to simmer for 30 seconds - 1 minute then remove from the heat and stir in ½ teaspoon of sea salt flakes.
- GRILLED PEACHES
- Heat grill to high. Brush peaches with butter and place flesh down into the grill. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until the peaches are soft to the touch.
- Place a peach half, face up and top with vanilla ice cream. Sprinkle on the toffee crumble and drizzle with the salted caramel.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate.
**The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products I use and love. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.