Jalapeno & Prosecco Vinaigrette has the perfect balance of sweetness and heat. Crisp sweet prosecco, honey, fresh jalapeno, olive oil, lemon zest, and red chili flakes all blitz together… Hmm, it tastes like Spring!
Spice Up Your Salad Game with the Best Jalapeno & Prosecco Vinaigrette!
Get ready to add a new dressing to your salad game! Jalapeno & Prosecco Vinaigrette is the perfect combination of sweet and spicy, with a crisp and refreshing taste that just screams “Spring!” This delightful dressing features a blend of prosecco, honey, fresh jalapeno, olive oil, lemon zest, and red chili flakes that come together in a harmonious flavor explosion. So, if you’re looking to spice up your salad routine, you won’t want to miss this one!
Ingredients Needed for Prosecco & Jalapeno Vinaigrette
- Jalapeno: natural heat and slight sweetness make it a perfect ingredient to balance out the other flavors in the dressing.
- Olive Oil: adds richness, depth, and a smooth texture to a salad dressing. Its high-fat content allows it to blend easily with other ingredients, creating a well-balanced and flavorful dressing.
- Prosecco: adds a crisp sweetness and a touch of acidity to a salad dressing. The carbonation in prosecco gives the dressing a light and refreshing effervescence, making it a perfect choice for a spring salad.
- Mint: adds a refreshing and cooling flavor to a salad dressing. Its bright, herbaceous taste provides a pleasant contrast to the richness of the dressing and helps to balance out the other flavors.
- Honey: a natural sweetness and a pleasant viscosity to a salad dressing. Its unique flavor profile adds complexity and depth to the dressing, complementing and enhancing the other flavors.
- Lemon Zest: a bright and tangy citrus flavor to a salad dressing. Its essential oils contain a concentrated burst of lemony flavor, making it a perfect way to add citrusy brightness to the dressing.
- Red Pepper Flakes: add a spicy and smoky flavor to a salad dressing. The smoky undertones of the red pepper flakes also add depth and complexity to the dressing, making it more flavorful.
- Coarse Black Pepper: a bold and pungent flavor to a salad dressing. Its distinct taste and aroma can add depth and complexity to the dressing, enhancing the other flavors.
- Salt: in salad dressing as it enhances the overall flavor of the dish. Salt helps to balance out the other flavors in the dressing, including sweetness, acidity, and spiciness.
Picking the right jalapenos for Jalapeno & Prosecco Vinaigrette Dressing
Depending on the level of heat you prefer, you can choose from green or red jalapenos. The difference between the two is the stage of ripening. Green jalapenos are in the early stage of development and tend to be mild. In contrast, red jalapenos are in their final stage of maturation and pack more heat. Either jalapeno you choose, you want to make sure the color is nice and vibrant, the pepper is firm to touch, and there are no marks or bruising.
What are the benefits of jalapeno peppers?
One of the most favored chili pepper varieties on the planet, jalapeno is a versatile pepper widely used in North American cuisine and has influenced various cuisines globally. Here are some of the benefits of eating jalapenos:
- Contain capsaicin that helps in weight loss
- Have anti-inflammatory properties that reduce swelling and pain from arthritis
- Are also known for blocking Substance P; a neuropeptide is a pain transmitter to the brain that causes headaches.
- The heat from jalapeno peppers can help clean up sinuses and nasal congestion
- Kill harmful bacteria in the intestines and stomach, preventing stomach ulcers
- Contain flavonoids and Vitamin A and C that help lower blood pressure
How to make Jalapeno & Prosecco Vinaigrette?
The prosecco vinaigrette recipe is among the easiest to follow. Once you have all these ingredients, deseeded jalapeno, coarse black pepper, pepper flakes, lemon zest, mint, and honey, all you need to do is blend them in a processor or blender. Then, blitz the jalapeno vinaigrette till it emulsifies.
Do you have to refrigerate Jalapeno & Prosecco Vinaigrette?
If you are not using all of your homemade Prosecco Vinaigrette, I recommend that you refrigerate it. This will help to cut down the growth of harmful bacterias.
What to do with leftover Jalapeno & Prosecco Vinaigrette?
You can use the Jalapeno & Prosecco Vinaigrette as a dip for veggies, stone fruit, chips, etc. It can also be used as a marinade to enhance flavors of meat, seafood dishes, dress pasta, or dress potatoes. I highly encourage you to be creative and enjoy!
More Vibrant Vinaigrette Recipes
- Detox Glow Bowl with Clementine Miso Vinaigrette
- Homemade Avocado Vinaigrette
- Roasted Harvest Salad with Lemon Herb Vinaigrette
- Creamy Green Vinaigrette
- 1 jalapeño pepper roughly chopped
- 3 oz Prosecco, (about 1/3 cup)
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup mint leaves roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove quartered
- Add all ingredients except oil to a food processor or blender and blitz until rough ingredients are very fine.
- With the processor running, drizzle in the oil until emulsified, then refrigerate until ready to use. Shake well before each use.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate.
**The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products I use and love. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.