Loaded Monster Carne Asada Nachos are the ultimate game day appetizer – loads of cheese, marinated tender steak, Pico de Gallo, guacamole, and more! Eat ’em while they’re hot and make another batch for the second half!
Have you been tasked with bringing a dish to the Super Bowl Party? Need something that doesn’t require too much fuss, but you want it to taste great? Well, these aren’t you ordinary nachos, my friend. Tortilla chips, steak fries, cheese, guacamole, and tender, juicy, flavorful carne asada …. “over the top” doesn’t begin to describe the amazingness of this crowd-pleaser.
Yes, it’s over the top, but everything about the Super Bowl is over the top. This is the time that you bring out the big guns. This, let me remind you, is the showcase showdown of showcase showdowns. And the star is the meat.
This marinade mainly comprises soy sauce and orange juice and dang near punches you in the face with flavor. I recommend marinating it for at least three hours but no longer than twelve hours. This carne asada almost didn’t make it to this blog. I couldn’t stop eating and neither will you.
The game-changer here is the addition of steak fries, YYYAAAASSSS honey. These nachos are what dreams are made of, which is why they have earned the name “MONSTER.”
Layer on the chips, the fries, the beans, the cheese, the meat, and bake. Then add “le flair,” the guac, the crema, and my rustic pico de gallo. Be careful here because all pico de gallo’s aren’t created equally. This guy is spicy, and I mean really spicy. If you can’t handle the heat, make sure to remove the jalapeno seeds or use a store-bought mild pico de gallo or salsa.
Once you set these out, they won’t be around for long. So make sure you make yourself a plate first. Enjoy and subscribe to my mailing list for more delectable recipes.
What is carne asada?
Carne asada is a dish of beef made with Mexican spices and flavors. The meat is typically grilled and sliced, Usually made with skirt steak, sirloin steak, tenderloin steak, or rib steak. This recipe calls for skirt steak.
How do I keep nachos crispy?
A trick to making sure your nachos are crispy is to bake or broil your tortilla prior to adding the toppings.
How do you melt cheese without burning it?
Burnt cheese, yuck! The key to melting cheese and not burning it is attentiveness. Place your Loaded Carne Asada Nachos in the oven for 7-10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
What do you serve nachos with?
Loaded Carne Asada Nachos are great on their own, but you can also have them part of a smorgasbord of other delicious finger food like wings, fried pickles, various dips, and more.
How to reheat nachos?
It’s better to reheat leftover nachos in the oven to help keep the crispness of the tortillas. Place them out on a baking sheet and toast them in a 400°F oven for 3-5 minutes.
Carne Asada Marinade
- ¾ cups orange juice
- cup lime juice
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- cup soy
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 packet fajita seasoning
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 lbs skirt steak
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 1 bags steak fries cooked
- 1 can 16oz black beans, drained
- 2½ cups cheddar cheese freshly shredded
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- ¼ cup Mexican crema or sour cream
- 3 large avocados chopped and mashed
Carne Asada Marinade
- Add all of the other marinade ingredients (before you add the meat) into a large ziplock bag and shake well. Put meat in the bag and massage meat making sure that the marinade gets over all the meat. Refrigerate for 3 - 8 hours.
- Cook/bake steak fries per instructions.
- Brown the skirt steak in large skillet on high, cooking each side anywhere from 30 seconds to 1 minute. Remove meat from skillet and let it rest. Once cooled, thinly slice the meat against the grain.
- Preheat oven 425 degrees. On a rimmed 9-by-13-inch baking sheet, evenly spread out tortilla chips, top with an even layer of steak fries and sprinkle across with taco seasoning. Add a layer of shredded cheese, and evenly spread out black beans, followed by the sliced meat and one more heaping layer of cheese. Bake until grated cheese is completely melted, about 7-10 minutes.
- Top with avocado, pico de gallo and drizzle all over with crema. Serve right away.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate.
**The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products I use and love. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.