Is a simple salty sweet treat that is down right addicting. Saltine crackers coated with caramel and chocolate and topped with minty candies to bring in the Christmas flavor. After on bite you won’t be able to put them down.
This is how excited I get when Christmas Crack Season comes around.
This is how I look while eating the Christmas Crack.
This is the face I make when some one asks me to share the Christmas Crack.
This is how I look 10 minutes after all the Christmas Crack is gone – still trying to savor the flavor.
Needless to say this stuff is addictive. I am not usually an advocate for addictive substances but this is the one I will proudly proclaim “CRACK IS NOT WHACK”! At least in the case of this Christmas Crack which will have you fiening for bit after bite.
@meikoandthedish t #meikoandthedish.
- 40 saltine crackers
- 1 cup butter 2 sticks
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup Andes Crème de Menthe Thins roughly chopped
- ¾ cup of peppermint candy finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a 15” x 10” x 1” pan with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Line up crackers in a single layer in rows on foil and set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt butter and brown sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and boil for 2 to 3 minutes (270 to 290 degrees if using a candy thermometer). Immediately pour over crackers and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Bake 5 minutes or until the candy hardens (300 to 310 degrees if using a candy thermometer). Remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave in 30-second increments at 50% power until melted. Spread over hardened caramel.
- Sprinkle candy (chopped Andes and Peppermints) evenly over the top and press into the chocolate using a spatula.
- Let cool in the freezer for 25 minutes then break into pieces and serve.
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products we use and love. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.