They’re sweet, they’re smoky, they’re crunchy, and YES they’re sticky! These wings are insanely delicious and super easy to make–don’t let the long ingredient list fool you.
You’ve been looking for a new way to enjoy wings and lucky for you I just came up with a recipe for Sweet & Spicy Grilled Peach Sticky wings. Look at that a match made in heaven.
I love wings and when I enjoy them I like to show I appreciate the wing by cleaning it. Out of pure respect for the animal, I make sure that the no morsel of the meat goes uneaten. I feel it’s my duty.
Kenneth and I often argue about the appropriate way to eat a wing and it normally ends with him calling me country. Apparently when it’s wing time my Kansas City roots flare-up.
I was flabbergasted when I first saw him attempting to eat a chicken wing. Kenneth is Southern as they come but can’t do that right. And by right I mean he leaves all kinds of meat on the bones. Sir and ma’am that is disrespectful.
Tasty Recipe Video:
So when we made these Sweet and Spicy Peach Sticky Wings we sat down and had a proper tutorial. He passed.
It made it easier to clean that wing from the root to the toot cause you don’t want to leave any of this sweet and spicy glaze on the bone.
BBQ Dry Rub:
- 1½ teaspoons chipotle powder
- 1½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons onion powder
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- 1 14.5-ounce can of peaches in heavy syrup
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 bay dried leaf
- ¾ cup water
- 1 tablespoon cold unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a large baking sheet with foil and grease with nonstick spray.
- Make the dry rub: Add the chipotle powder, paprika, baking powder, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, cayenne, Italian seasoning, cumin, and black pepper to a bowl and whisk until evenly combined.
- Make the wings: Add the chicken wings to a large bowl and toss with the oil. Sprinkle in the dry rub and use your hands to massage it into the chicken wings.
- Arrange the wings on the prepared baking sheet, spacing evenly. Bake for 15 minutes, then flip and continue baking for another 15 minutes.
- While the chicken wings are baking, make the glaze: Add the peaches in syrup, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, Sriracha, cinnamon, black pepper, salt, bay leaf, and water to a medium pan. Stir to combine, then bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes, until the peaches have softened and sauce has thickened.
- Remove the bay leaf, then transfer the peach mixture to a blender and purée on high speed for 30–60 seconds. Strain the glaze through a fine-mesh strainer back into the pan. Turn the heat to high and cook until the glaze has thickened, about 5 minutes. Whisk in the butter until fully incorporated. The glaze should coat the back of a spoon.
- Carefully remove the wings from the oven and brush on both sides with about ⅓ of the glaze. Return to the oven and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove wings from the oven brush with another ⅓ of the glaze. Turn the oven to high broil, return the wings to the oven, and broil for 2–3 minutes, or until the glaze is bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and toss wings in a large bowl with the remaining glaze.
- Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with the cilantro. Enjoy!
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate.
**The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products I use and love. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.