15 Minute Shaved Carrot Salad with Ponzu Vinaigrette – this incredibly easy salad is a seasonal favorite with the brightness of rainbow carrots and a delicious ponzu vinaigrette
How To Make Salad with Shaved Carrots?
This light and refreshing salad only takes 15 minutes to make. Simply blend the vinaigrette ingredients in a blender or food processor for 20 seconds. Pour vinaigrette over shaved carrots in a large bowl, then toss. In a medium bowl combine panko crumbs, scallions, carrot stalks, and sea salt. Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the carrots and toss. For a bit of a crunch add breadcrumbs before serving.
Best Tools to Shave Carrots?
A vegetable peeler, mandolin, or box grater are all great tools to shave carrots.
What is ponzu?
It’s a citrus-based sauce used in Japanese cuisine. It can be used as a marinade or combined with other ingredients to make a dressing or dipping sauce.
Can you make it ahead?
Yes! This actually gives the flavors time to combine. Save a portion of the dressing to add to the salad before serving. Be sure to reserve breadcrumb until serving.
- This flavor-packed delight can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
- Any leftover ponzu vinaigrette can also be refrigerated for later use as a dressing or marinated.
- Carrot stalks are delicious and loaded with nutrients. They can be used in a variety of ways .
- 16 carrots I used rainbow carrots
- ¼ cup panko crumbs
- ¼ cup scallions chopped
- ¼ cup carrot stalks chopped (or replace with equal parts scallions or parsley)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- ¼ cup safflower or olive oil
- 3 tablespoons agave or honey
- 2 tablespoons ponzu
- ½ tablespoon fish sauce
- ¼ teaspoon powdered ginger
- cup rice wine vinegar
- ½ tablespoon garlic
Ponzu Vinaigrette Preparation
- Add all vinaigrette ingredients to a blender or food processor and blitz until emulsified, approximate 20 seconds. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Shaved Carrot Salad Preparation
- Shave carrots thin with a vegetable peeler or mandolin and add to a large bowl. Pour vinaigrette over the carrots and toss.
- In a separate medium bowl add panko crumbs scallions, carrot stalks and sea salt and toss thoroughly. Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the carrots and toss again until they are spread throughout the salad. OPTIONAL: Sprinkle the top of the salad with black sesame seeds and a bit of more panko crumbs if available.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate.
**The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products I use and love. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.