Do you love pie but hate the hassle of making a crust? Well, you can make an easy and delicious graham cracker crust using just a few simple ingredients. This crust is perfect for any pie recipe, and it’s so easy to make that even a novice cook can do it.
Easy Graham Cracker Crust
Graham cracker crust was the first homemade crust I learned how to make because it’s so easy a five-year-old could do it.
Back in my day (lol), we actually had to grind up the graham crackers ourselves but now you can by them preground which makes this recipe even easier … but maybe not as fun.
Either way, you’ll love how easy this crust comes together as a base for your favorite sweet treats.
To bring this easy homemade graham cracker crust recipe to life, you’ll need just a few key ingredients:
- Graham crackers. You will need around 10 full sheets of graham crackers to get enough crumbs to make your crust. Place graham crackers in a food processor or seal them in a food storage bag. Smash with the back of a wooden spoon or rolling pin until crushed into fine crumbs because you don’t want any lumps in your pie crust.
- Light brown sugar. I prefer to use light brown sugar over white sugar because it adds a deeper depth of flavor. Feel free to swap it out for dark brown sugar if you want an even richer and caramel-like flavor.
- Kosher salt. A small amount of salt is essential for bringing out all of the wonderful flavors in this graham cracker crust.
- Unsalted butter. This is the key to turning any bland crust into a buttery, flavorful dream. Butter also serves as the glue that holds everything together. Make sure to use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt that goes into the crust.
How to make Easy Graham Cracker Crust
This homemade graham cracker crust truly could not be any easier to make. All you have to do is follow these easy steps:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Combine graham cracker crumbs, light brown sugar, Kosher salt, and unsalted butter with a rubber spatula in a medium bowl until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into your pie plate. Then, using the bottom of a flat measuring cup, press the mixture into the bottom of the dish or pan and slightly push it up the sides. Make sure it is tight and compact. This graham cracker crust will fit into a 9-10 inch pan.
- To pre-bake, transfer the graham cracker crust to the oven for 7-8 minutes. Voila, Easy Graham Cracker Crust!
Ways to enhance the flavor of your graham cracker pie crust:
While many store-bought crusts are made with granulated sugar, making your pie crust from scratch allows you to switch things up. As the crust sets in the oven, the sugar works with the butter to hold the graham cracker crumbs together. You even add spices like cinnamon or nutmeg to the crumb mixture.
I’ve tried making crusts with different types of sugar and have found the best results with light brown sugar. This type of sugar adds a deeper and richer flavor than white sugar without overpowering the flavors of the fillings you pack inside of the finished crust.
If you’re new to the world of baking, adding salt to a dessert recipe might seem strange. However, it’s actually super important to enhance the sweet flavors in the dish! Much like how sugar adds flavor to the homemade crust, salt does the same.
How to serve Easy Graham Cracker Crust
When it comes to making dessert recipes with a graham cracker crust, the options are endless. Don’t be afraid to get creative! If you need a little help, here are some of my favorite ways to serve graham cracker crust:
- Cheesecake. This is easily one of the most iconic recipes with a graham cracker crust and for a good reason! The crunchy, buttery crust pairs beautifully with sweet and creamy cheesecake filling.
- No-bake pies. People often ask, ‘do you have to bake graham cracker crust?’ The answer is no! Because it’s not made with eggs, you can enjoy this crust as the base of any no-bake pie recipe. Just make sure to let it chill in the fridge for several hours first.
- Ice cream pie. Speaking of no-bake pies, how about taking it a step further with an ice cream pie? Simply press in your favorite ice cream, add your toppings of choice (sprinkles, chocolate syrup, etc.), and enjoy!
- Holiday pies. This crust is the perfect base for all of your favorite holiday pies. From a rich and tangy Goat Milk Pie to a sweet and creamy pumpkin pie, just pre-bake your crust and load in your filling, then bake to perfection.
Make-Ahead Tips for Easy Graham Cracker Crust
If you want to store your graham cracker crust before baking it, you can easily do so either in the fridge or in the freezer. To store this dish, simply press it into the pie pan and either wrap it in saran wrap or seal it into a large food storage bag. The crust will keep in the fridge for up to 2-3 days or in the freezer for up to 2-3 months.
Now it’s your turn!
Whether you’re making a cheesecake, pie, or tart, this graham cracker crust recipe makes it easy to get that perfect flavor and texture every time. Try this recipe along with my sweet and creamy Goat Milk Pie!
If you enjoy the recipe, please share it with your friends and family. And don’t forget to give me some five-star love down below. And if you have any comments or questions, leave them below too, and I’ll be sure to get back to you as soon as possible.
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs 10 full sheet graham crackers
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter ½ stick, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Mix all the ingredients together with a rubber spatula in a medium bowl until combined. Pour it into your pie plate, and using the bottom of a flat measuring cup, press the mixture into the bottom of the dish or pan and slightly up the sides. This crust will fit into a 9 – 10 inch pan. Make sure it is tight and compact.
- To pre-bake, transfer the crust to the oven for 7-8 minutes at 350°F.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate.
**The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products I use and love. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.