Cranberry BBQ Turkey Pizza
THIS POST WAS SPONSORED BY CIRCULON. THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ARE MY OWN.
Cranberry BBQ Turkey Pizza. Thanksgiving leftovers never looked so good.
I don’t know about you but every time I host Thanksgiving dinner I always end up with a boat load of leftovers. I just don’t get it. I see my guests packing up 1, 2, sometimes even 3 to-go plates when they leave my home, yet and still I always seem to have almost half a turkey to find space for in my tiny fridge. Unfortunately for me, I am too greedy to waste perfectly good meat so I have to find ways to spruce up my Thanksgiving leftovers, otherwise I am left eating turkey and gravy seven days straight.
So I put on my thinking cap and decided to use my holiday leftovers in one of my cheat meals that way I couldn’t resist eating them. I happen to have an on again off again love affair with pizza. When I get a pie I can typically eat the whole thing in a two day period. Even with all the love I show pizza it only pays me back in love handles so we have to break up from time to time. In this case it totally makes sense to start dating again and a Thanksgiving leftover pizza just sounds ingenious to me.
So I scoured the fridge and found … yep you guessed it, TURKEYYYYYYYYYYYY, along with some cranberry sauce and some brussels sprouts to make this awesome Cranberry BBQ Turkey Pizza.
Alright, so I started by making a quick pizza dough. Most recipes require the dough rest overnight but y’all know “ain’t nobody got time for that” so I have a quick recipe that produces delicious pizza dough in an hour. I [heart] a good kitchen hack don’t you?
While my dough was getting its life together I made a cranberry bbq sauce using the cranberry sauce leftovers. If you don’t have cranberry sauce leftovers just combine 1 cup of fresh cranberries, 1/2 cup granulated sugar and 1/3 cup of water in a sauce pan and cook them down on medium heat for 7 minutes or until the cranberries pop. Then add in the rest of the bbq sauce ingredients per the recipe.
After the sauce was made I added some of it to my leftover turkey to get it nice and saturated.
I also used the cranberry bbq sauce as a base for all the other ingredients spreading it across my pizza dough but making sure to leave a perimeter for the crust.
Then I must admit I went a little hog wild adding toppings. I had already planned on using the turkey, cranberry sauce, and fresh mozzarella but something told me to go back to the fridge for more. I found brussels sprouts and jalapenos, SCORE!
I just took the leaves of the brussels sprouts and quickly sautéed them in olive oil and placed them under the broiler to get a light char. I used my Circulon Ultimum pan because it allowed me to seamlessly move between stove top and the oven like a pro. If you decide to do this step just make sure that you have pans like these that offer versatility between heating methods. [FYI you can have these too, skip to the giveaway I am having below for a full set of Circulon Ultimum Cookware]
My pizza was evenly cooked throughout with bit of crunch to the crust, just the way I like it. After one bite I basically forgot that I was have leftovers.
Even though I feel super accomplished coming up with this recipe I must admit that the real super hero has my Circulon Ultimum cookware. I was super impressed by its quality and versatility as well as how evenly everything cooks. Be sure to follow them [ Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest] to stay up on company news and awesome giveaways like the one I’m doing below.
Circulon 11 Piece Set Giveaway
Lucky you, I’m giving away a Circulon® Ultimum Collection just in time for the holidays. This new collection is made of heavy gauge, pressure-forged aluminum and features innovative flush rivet technology for ultimate releasibility, durability, and clean-up convenience. This 11-Piece Set includes 2 and 3-quart Covered Saucepans, 6-quart Covered Stockpot, 3-quart Covered Sauté Pan, 8-inch Open Skillet, 9.75-inch Open Skillet, and 12-inch Open Skillet (valued at $399.99). This giveaway is open to US residents only.
Additional Circulon® Ultimum Product Details:
- Dishwasher safe
- Pressure forged heavy-gauge aluminum construction
- ULTRA TOTAL® Nonstick System with premium triple-layer nonstick
- Suitable for all stovetops, including induction
- Oven safe to 500°F
- Hassle-Free Lifetime Guarantee
HERE’S HOW TO ENTER:
The winner will be notified by email on Friday 12/2
*Winner has 1 week to claim prize. If prize is unclaimed then another winner will be chosen.
*Open to US residents only.
*Contest ends on 12/1 at 11:59pm est.
- 1 cup of shredded leftover turkey meat
- 8 oz. of fresh mozzarella roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh brussels sprout leaves
- 1/2 large red onion sliced
- 1 jalapeno sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- kosher salt
- Cranberry BBQ Sauce:
- 1 cup of leftover cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons worchestire sauce
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- pinch of celery seed
- salt and pepper as needed
- Homemade Pizza Dough:
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- To Make Pizza Dough:
- Mix water and yeast in a large bowl and stir until yeast is completely dissolved. Set the bowl aside for 15 minutes.
- When ready, add all the remaining pizza dough ingredients to the bowl and stir with a spoon until the ingredients start to clump together. Use your grip and fists to knead the dough into one solid moist ball. Feel free to add additional flour if needed.
- Sprinkle approximately ¼ teaspoon of olive oil onto the dough ball and lightly rub around the entire exterior surface. Place the dough back into the bowl and cover it with a towel four 60 minutes. The dough should double in size.
- When the dough is done rising its time to roll it out. Lightly flour a counter or large cutting board. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough out evenly; shape is up to you.
- Place the pizza on a lightly greased baking sheet until ready to layer on the toppings.
- To make the Cranberry BBQ Chicken:
- Add leftover cranberry sauce, ketchup, apple cider vinegar, worchestire sauce, water, hot sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, celery seed to a medium sauce pan and bring to a broil, then reduce heat to low and let simmer for 10 minutes. Taste bbq sauce and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Add half the cranberry bbq sauce to the shredded turkey meat in a separate warm pan and stir. Reserve the remaining cranberry bbq sauce to go straight onto the pizza.
- To make roasted brussels sprout leaves:
- Preheat oven 450 degrees F. Heat olive oil In a small skillet (preferably with a heat resistant handle) on medium high heat. Add in brussels leaves and toss frequently for 4 minutes. Add ¼ teaspoon of salt and toss for 1 more minute. Then add brussels to the oven for 5 minutes to achieve a light char. Watch closely so that they don’t burn then remove them from the oven. Leave the oven on for the pizza.
- To make pizza:
- Brush on one thin layer of the cranberry sauce around the pizza leaving at least a ½ inch perimeter uncovered. Then layer on the mozzarella cheese, cranberry bbq chicken, onions, jalapeños.
- Brush the perimeter of the pizza with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with kosher salt. Place pizza in 450 degree F oven for 25 minutes and when done remove pizza from oven and scatter roasted brussels sprout leaves over the top. Serve warm!
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate.
**The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products I use and love. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.