Sliders, let me upgrade you! Pimento Cheese Stuffed Sliders did not come to play with its buttery pesto bun slathered in pepper jelly mayo and sizzling pimento cheese-stuffed patty. These zesty little pimento cheeseburgers are great for any occasion, whether it’s a backyard bar-b-que, tailgating party, or for dinner.
What is Pimento cheese?
Pimento Cheese is a spread made of pimentos, mayo, and cheese. You can use pimento cheese on burgers, wraps, grilled cheese, and it can even be used as a dip for your chips or veggies. This delicious cheese spread gives your burgers or sliders a nice creamy and spicy kick.
How to make pesto sauce?
Pesto is extremely versatile and very easy to make. First, roast pine nuts in the oven for 5 mins. Combine basil, grated parmesan, lemon juice, salt, pepper, roasted pine nuts, and garlic cloves in a blender. While blending, drizzle in olive oil until smooth. Voilà, you have homemade pesto!
What’s the origin of Worcestershire sauce?
Worcestershire sauce originated in Worcester in Worcestershire, England, by two chemists named John Wheeley Lea and William Henry Perrins in the early part of the 19th century. This vinegar-based fermented sauce has been used to add flavor to dishes and even tenderize meats since 1835.
What is pepper jelly made of?
Though there are different varieties of pepper jelly, the main ingredients are colorful bell peppers and jalapenos. This sweet and spicy spread can be used in many ways. On burgers, dipping, spread over cheese, stuffed in sandwiches or whole jalapenos, etc.
Pimento Cheese Stuffed Sliders
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 8 Farm Rich Pimento Cheese Bites
Pesto Slider Buns
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon pesto sauce
- 8 slider buns
Pepper Jelly Mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Farm Rich Pepper Jelly Dipping Sauce included
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Preheat oven 400 Degrees
- In a large bowl add ground beef, , garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, salt, black pepper and Worcestershire sauce and lightly mix. Be careful not to over work the meat.
- Divide mixture into 8 even-sized balls. Flatten the balls into thin patties approximately ¼” thick. Place 1 Farm Rich Pimento Cheese Bite in the center of each patty. Wrap by bringing the edges of the patty to the top center of the Pimento Cheese Bite and seal close. Use your fingers to smooth any cracks in the patty. Repeat this process until all stuffed sliders have been prepped.
- Place all the stuffed sliders on a foil lined baking sheet evenly spaced out and cover with a separate sheet of aluminum foil. Transfer baking sheet to the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove the top sheet of foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- While patties are in the oven add pesto and butter to a small microwave safe bowl and heat in microwave for 10 sec at a time until butter is melted. Open and split buns onto a separate cookie sheet, brush the tops of each bun with the butter mixture. With 5 minutes remaining for the patties add the buns into the oven. Toast in the oven for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove both patties and buns form the oven and set aside to cool. Use the Farm Rich Pepper Jelly Dipping Sauce provided in the pack and in a small bowl whisk together pepper jelly dipping sauce with mayonnaise.
- Assemble burgers by adding pepper jelly mayo to eat side of bun then adding the pimento cheese stuffed slider, lettuce tomato and onion. Top with the pesto bun and enjoy.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate.
**The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products I use and love. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.